|Date Added||Aug 19th, 2021|
Social Worker - M-F Starting 9/6/2021
Provides assessment and intervention to assist clients/families to improve social and economic difficulties interfering with health and wellness through use of casework process and principles, strategies, and community resources.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Determines nature of client's situation by interviewing client; assessing medical, psychological, emotional, and social information; making on-site visits.
- Establishes course of action by exploring options; setting goals with client.
- Obtains assistance for client by referring him/her to community resources; arranging for appointments; establishing rapport with other agencies.
- Fosters client's action or adjustment by interpreting attitudes and patterns of behavior; explaining and pointing out new options.
- Performs individual and/or family therapy, as indicated.
- Maintains Medical Record and department case documentation barriers to goal attainment, and client/family response to intervention. Maintains appropriate casework statistics.
- Monitors planned actions by periodic follow-up.
- Maintains effective operations by following policies and procedures; participating in quality reviews; reporting needed changes.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies. May develop and conduct in-service training programs.
- Participates in interdisciplinary conferences and provides consultation for clinical staff.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and certification requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Performs other related duties as required and directed.
- 2+ years of experience - Required
- LMSW and holding an active MI License
- Working onsite - Required
STATE LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
ADDITIONAL LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
- Active at the time of submission