Occupational Medicine Physician
|Date Added||Feb 9th, 2021|
Asante is seeking a Physician to join our Occupational Health team. Occupational Health offers a full range of services including wellness and prevention programs, and treatment of on-the-job-injuries. This is an employed position with Asante Physician Partners medical group within the Asante Health System. The Physician for Occupational Health has the responsibility of treating and managing Workers Compensation claims, working as a point of reference providing guidance and information to the employee, employer and insurance carrier, and managing patients for the duration of their Workers Comp claim. In addition, this person will perform Department of Transportation physicals in accordance with Federal guidelines and regulations, as well as perform physicals for non-DOT related needs.
This person will act as a liaison for the community, supporting and advocating for the importance of safe practices and healthy choices in the workplace. They will also act as a Medical Review Officer for the clinic's drug screening program.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong knowledge of treating Workers Compensation claims, and a strong ability to balance the needs of the patients, the employers and the insurance carriers. Must be board certified in Occupational Health.
Highlights of the Opportunity Include:
- Annual base salary of $223,000
- Annual performance incentives of up to 16% of base starting in year 2
- $50,000 Signing bonus
- $15,000 Relocation assistance
- $5,000 Annual CME allotment
- 30 days (240 hours) of authorized time off per year
- Excellent health, dental, vision & retirement benefitsExperience: Minimum 3 years of experience as a Physician in Occupational Medicine is required. Candidates with 5 or more years of experience preferred.