Physical Medicine and Rehab
|Date Added||Sep 6th, 2017|
|Location||Winston-Salem, North Carolina|
IMMEDIATE NEED: BE/BC Physiatrist to join PM&R Team in NC-
- Seeking a BE/BC Physiatrist to join another Physiatrist and (2) APC’s-
- Physiatrist will provide care at a 39 bed CARF Accredited facility on a campus with a 921 bed Tertiary Care Facility.
- Practice includes daily rounds on 15-20 patients, in-house consults & outpatient clinic duties.
- Call is 1:4
- Hospitalists and a rapid response team are available for in-house emergencies.
- Employed position to include a competitive SALARY, health and retirement benefits, CME and Relocation Allowance.
- Located in the Triad are of NC, greater Greensboro area-
- 5th largest city in NC-
Answers that I provided another physician while he was evaluating the opportunity.
- Call is listed as 1:4, is that 1 in 4 weeks or 1 in 4 nights? Waiting on Answer-
- How many weeks of vacation and CME are offered? 4 weeks year 1, 5 weeks year 2, 6 weeks year 3 plus holidays, CME 6K per year
- What range of salary? 2 year income guarantee based on experience, productivity incentives
- Are the medical records electronic? Yes, EMR is Epic
- Is this an academic position involving the teaching of residents/students? Not academic as far as I know, maybe have students rotating through-
Here is some background that may be helpful.
- We are a 39 bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital (CARF accredited) and will be moving to a new location 3 miles west in September 2018. We announced a Joint Venture with HealthSouth last summer. HealthSouth the largest provider of inpatient rehabilitation services in the nation. Our new hospital will have capacity for up to 68 patients. Attached are schematics of the new hospital. Our current building is limited to 39 beds (built in the early 1970’s) and has 3 floors, the new hospital will be one level and 68,000 sq feet. The Joint Venture is 50-50 partnership between Novant Health and HealthSouth. The physician services will be provided by NHMG. The therapy and nursing staff will become employees of HealthSouth once the new hospital opens.
- This will be an exciting time for a new PM&R to join our team. Dr. Mclean has over 20 years of experience to help mentor a new physician. In addition to the inpatient rehabilitation hospital duties, there is opportunity to build an outpatient practice to serve the life- long needs for stroke, TBI, and SCI survivors and those living with chronic neurological diseases. Our primary patient diagnosis is stroke and non- stroke neurological, followed by amputee and non -traumatic brain injury. One of our goals once located in our freestanding hospital is to build our traumatic SCI, TBI patient population.